“Blue to the sky, Orange to the Thigh”
5 Steps To Using An Epi-Pen
- Hold the Epi-Pen firmly with the BLUE tip facing up (“blue to the sky”)
- Pull straight up on the blue safety cap to remove it.
- Push the ORANGE end of the Epi-Pen firmly into their outer thigh until you hear a click (“orange to the thigh”). It’s OK to give the injection through their clothes.
- Hold for 3 full, slow seconds.
- Pull Epi-en away from their thigh.
After Giving An Epi-Pen
•Always call 911 immediately after giving an Epi-Pen injection.
•Always see a doctor after a severe allergic reaction.
•Stay with the person you are caring for while you wait for medical help to arrive.